An impressive reconstruction that creates a more beautiful, safe, practical city center and concurrently a more functional passage from the main roads and square to the coastal zone and sea.
The reconstruction of the Nea Moudania city center & cost
The project concerns the reconstruction of the central square, the coastal zone and the adjacent main streets of the city of Nea Moudania in Halkidiki. It includes the aesthetic and functional upgrading of the surrounding area and it defines significant redevelopments that, ultimately, will revitalise the local community and the commercial, financial and cultural center of the city.
Thus, among other things, the main roads were resurfaced, a new special flooring was installed throughout the entire intervention zone and we constructed new pavements with specific cement tiles. The square was completely redesigned and modern urban equipment was installed, including smart energy-efficient benches and street lights. Additionally, the coastal zone was completely redeveloped, the outdoor tables of the restaurants were organised in a more practical and efficient way, new trees that offer rich shade were planted and the Public Power Corporation’s network was routed underground. Lastly, an impressive fountain of exceptional quality and aesthetic granite was constructed.
The attractive redevelopment of the central and coastal front of New Moudania meets the needs of a modern community, gives a boost to the local economy and contributes to a better quality of life for both locals and tourists.
- Main city square
- Main adjacent roads
- Pedestrian roads
- Tree planting
- budget 1.941.355€
- construction category Reconstruction
- plot of land 12.000 m2
- year of construction 2008
- location Nea Moudania, Chalkidiki
- customer Municipality Neas Propontidas
- architecture study Nikos Soulakis
- services Management, Development
Construction Quality Characteristics
The planned redevelopments were done based on the official specifications of the construction design. The main building materials include marble, granite cobblestone, cast pebble floors, special paving tiles, ceramic tiles, exquisite aesthetic granite, concrete and wall lining with limestone and ceramic blocks.
- Energy Efficient Urban Equipment
- We have installed smart solar-powered outdoor benches with wi-fi and modern street lamps. Both are fully environmentally friendly and feature photovoltaic solar panels that make them energy autonomous.
- Underground PPC network
- The construction plan included the underground routing of the Public Power Corporation’s network, an innovative intervention that contributes to the aesthetic redevelopment of the entire city center.
Contact us for a free initial consultation